This short report compares the industrial food system with peasant farming. Industrial farming gets all the attention (and most of the land). It accounts for more than 80% of the fossil fuel emissions and uses over 70% of the water supply used in agriculture, but it actually produces only about 30% of the world’s food.
In this succinct, illustrated booklet, you’ll find the answers to these questions…
• Who produces more food per hectare?
• Who will conserve our aquatic harvest?
• Who will protect our forest foods?
• Who can reduce agriculture’s GHG emissions?
…and many more.
Download the PDF in two formats:
• For online reading: Download (2.53 MB)
• For printing (booklet): Download (3.29 MB)